|Date Posted||November 20, 2020|
Help write the history of UnitedHealth Group as a part of Government Relations while healing the health care system and improving the lives of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Vice President, Health System Transformation Policy, will advance UnitedHealth Group (UHG) policy solutions concerning care delivery and health system transformation policy priorities at the Federal and State levels by developing, coordinating and advancing research, thought leadership, and strategic solutions to advance UnitedHealth Group’s mission.
The Vice President, Health System Transformation Policy is a policy expert and strategic thinker and leader with broad relationships and demonstrated track record of engagement at the State and Federal levels in the areas of Affordable Care Act and subsequent reforms in care delivery and financing; maximizing site of service efficiency and network design; promoting value-based care and medical, behavioral and social integrated care models; expanding access to digital and telehealth models; and enhancing and modernizing the health care workforce.
The Responsibilities of the Vice President, Policy also include:
- Track, draft, and analyze materials on financing reform, delivery system reform and system transformation policy proposals
- Identify potential business threats or opportunities and partner with Executive leadership - across Optum, UnitedHealthcare and UnitedHealth Group - on key public policy activities and trends.
- Analyze and shape legislative and regulatory proposals at the State and Federal levels
- Collaborate with colleagues in communications, marketing, research, public affairs, and other functions to ensure coordinated engagement on health policy issues and effectively ensure consistency of messaging
- Partner with subject matter policy experts across Government and private sector health care transformation policy to drive change
- Engage with health policy thought leaders and coalitions for proactive positioning around our key priorities
- Draft testimony, official correspondence, advocacy content, thought leadership collateral, speeches, presentations, and other materials for external and internal efforts
- Lead and manage internal working groups, including deployment of comprehensive strategies and tactics, to achieve UnitedHealth Group’s policy and advocacy priorities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of policy experience in health care, with specific expertise in health policy issues
- Successful record of being a leader in environments such as in State Capitols, on relevant committees on Capitol Hill, in the Administration, a Department and/or in a relevant Agency, or in-house with a corporation, consulting firm, or leading industry association
- Experience in analyzing delivery system reforms impacting Medicare and Medicaid programs
- Deep understanding of how policy is developed at the Federal and State levels of Government, including legislative and regulatory processes
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- An advanced degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Public Administration, Law, Medicine and/or related work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, listens attentively, and builds rapport and trust.
- Industry-wide perspective across the health care sector.
- Strong understanding of reforms in care delivery and financing; maximizing site of service efficiency and network design; promoting value-based care and medical, behavioral and social integrated care models; digital and telehealth models; and enhancing and modernizing the health care workforce.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with the ability to persuasively communicate complex concepts and programs at the highest levels of business and Government.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships while enhancing the company’s positions.
- Executive presence, dynamic professional style and the ability to inspire confidence in senior management and those outside the company.
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to gather, assess, and synthesize information from various sources.
- The ability to manage stress and work on multiple tasks and prepare graphics and presentations in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized, resourceful, plan-orientated, solutions-focused, anticipates needs, foresees and overcomes obstacles
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: External Affairs, Government, Policy, Healthcare, Health, Transformation, Washington, DC, District of Columbia