|Date Posted||November 13, 2020|
WHY JOIN THE AMES COMPANIES
Our employees are our greatest assets, that is why we provide excellent comprehensive benefits.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life Insurance, Disability (STD/LTD), Employee Assistance Program, Telehealth, Wellness, Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Employee Stock Option Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Critical Illness, Identity Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, and much more.
We are environmentally conscious and responsible. Proud supporters of local and national charities, and we provide immense growth opportunity!
WHO WE ARE
The AMES Companies, headquartered in Lake Nona-Orlando, FL has a rich history of American manufacturing. The AMES story goes back to 1774, when Captain John Ames began making America’s first shovels. AMES brand is the third oldest consumer brand in the country, and its tools have literally helped build America, for more than 200 years. AMES products have built Revolutionary War ramparts, connected the nation via the Transcontinental Railroad, dug for gold, gone on expeditions to Antarctica, carved Mount Rushmore, and installed the Statue of Liberty. And just like America, we’re still working every day to build the next great wonder.
Our business lines include Home Organization, Lawn and Garden Tools, Outdoor Living, and Cleaning Tools, with leading global brands sold to homeowners and professionals involved in new construction, remodeling, and maintenance activities.
Our leading brands include ClosetMaid, AMES, True Temper, Razor-Back, Jackson, Southern Patio and Harper
We are a business unit of Griffon Corporation (NYSE: GFF)
WHO YOU ARE
As the Senior Human Resources Generalist, you are responsible for supporting all HR functions. You are responsible for leading Human Resources objectives that will provide employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and ongoing development in various projects cross-functionally. Key functions include, but are not limited to Benefits, HRIS, Employee Relations, Training, Onboarding, Recruiting.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
In our state of the art new Head Quarters- in Lake Nona- Orlando, FL. Just a few miles from the Orlando International Airport
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Daily administration of employee benefits and employee support for all benefit programs
- Present New Hire/Status Change/Rollover Employee Orientation, while tracking and assisting with employee benefit elections
- Assist with all aspects of Open Enrollment-presentations, materials, enrollment, etc.
- Act as a point of contact for all employees, local HR Team, and management at the facility level
- Address Employee Relations issues through culture management, leadership training, and active employee communication.
- Investigate incidents and provide corrective action recommendations as needed.
- Assist with Recruiting, Onboarding and New Hire Orientation, as needed.
- Cross train in various HR functions such as staffing, benefits, training, and employee relations, to be able to interpret policy and provide coverage in all areas of Human Resources.
- Participate and provide support in company and community activities and programs.
- Conduct employee exit interviews and communicate specific issues to Management.
- Manage all the unemployment claims for the facility.
- Assist locations with FMLA, STD and other leave programs.
- Legal Compliance of facility to all federal, state and local regulations.
- Assist with special projects (open enrollment, annual increases, wellness programs).
- Maintain accurate employment records in HRIS systems including ATS and electronic file management to include changes, wage increases and performance evaluations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems. UltiPro and Benefits Prime experience are a plus.
- Working knowledge of HR administrative requirements pertaining to OSHA, FMLA, COBRA, STD, AAP, EEO, ADA, Unemployment, and Workers' Compensation.
- Exceptional analytical, multi-tasking and data interpretation skills.
- Work on sensitive issues with discretion and a commitment to confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment with changing priorities.
- Possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to proactively deal with all levels of management, as well as front-line employees.
- Ability to make large group presentations.
- Be self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Minimal travel may be needed for training.
- Willingness to work in a Team environment with remote teams, with a strong sense of service.
The AMES Companies will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The AMES Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)