|Location||Palmer Lake, CO|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2020|
Advanced Recovery Systems is an integrated behavioral healthcare management company dedicated to the treatment of addiction, substance abuse, eating disorders and mental health issues. We put behavioral health front and center, providing assistance to people with substance abuse issues, addictions and mental health concerns. With facilities in various regions of the U.S., we have been furthering this mission since our inception, applying our advanced approach to patient care.
A member of the National Association of addiction Treatment Providers and JACHO accredited every facility in the Advanced Recovery Systems network strives to provide the highest quality of care, using evidence-based therapeutic models that really work. Our goal is to help men, women and adolescents live healthy, happy lives without the burden of substance abuse or mental illness.
The Regional Medical Officer (RMO) assists the CMO with the setup of treatment facilities within the Western Region and serves as the interim Medical Director as needed. The Responsibilities include providing effective leadership to medical staff across regions, leading the organization and function of the Company, and supporting the CMO in all medical activities across the facilities in accordance with designated standards.
CORE JOB DUTIES:
Works effectively with the facility leadership team within the assigned Region to ensure success of the facility by completing the following:
- Leads the medical team at assigned facility or facilities in providing excellent medical care with the ARS treatment philosophy. This includes knowledge of medications, assessment for medication complications, detoxification protocols and prescribing medications in general and works diligently to support and maintain the corporate values associated with such programs.
- Will assist the CMO in all aspects of the ARS Medical Department functions, workforce management, training, and roles and in the setup of additional facilities and within the designated region.
- Keep current on the Medical Needs Criteria (MNC) updates and ASAM criteria for all facilities within the region. Distribute and educate information to the Medical Directors and Medical staff.
- Assist the CMO, Associate CMO, and Medical Directors with planning and budgeting for medical services while maintaining effective and efficient staffing patterns within budgetary constraints.
- Ensures that medical services are coordinated and integrated with other client care services to ensure continuity of care for each client.
- Provides supervision of the facility's physicians and other medical support staff.
OTHER REQUIRED TASKS:
- Assist the CMO and Executive Directors of the facilities, within the region, in the development and maintenance of written objectives, policies, a procedure manual, an organization plan and a quality assurance programs for medical services, and review of all medical policies and procedures at least annually across all facilities.
- Works closely with the CMO in ongoing review and updating of patient care standards.
- Develop programming and curriculum for Telehealth, Outpatient (MAT), and Patient Portal.
- Provide national education lectures in person or virtual as required
- Demonstrates proficiency using the electronic health record with all required documentation. ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures, state regulation, Joint Commission standards and Medical Needs Criteria. These records will be completed and authenticated in a timely manner per policy. This includes but is not limited to the following electronic record documents: Psychiatric Evaluation and/or Admission History, Physical Evaluation, Medical Progress Notes, Discharge Summary, and Orders.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Graduated from an accredited Medical School.
- 5 years minimum in a supervisory position.
- 1 years minimum developing strategic programs for Telehealth, Outpatient (MAT), and Patient Portal that suit the specific needs of the individual facilities in the region.
- Licensed to practice medicine, e.g. Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) in the appropriate state(s), as applicable, required.
- Board Certification is required in Addiction Medicine by ABPM, Addiction Psychiatry or General Psychiatry by APA or AOA.
- Must have a DEA and DATA 2000 Waiver in the state(s) working.
- Multi-site responsibilities preferred.
- Familiarity with Addiction Medicine, JCAHO, local state authorities and other indicated healthcare standards are necessary.
- Ability to develop and apply organizational strategies.
- Application of Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement Team philosophy.
We offer great benefits including 401(k), paid time off plan, medical, dental, vision, and much more.
Advanced Recovery Systems, a national integrated behavior healthcare management company dedicated to the treatment of addiction, substance abuse, eating disorders and mental health issues. We invite you to learn more about us at our website!
The Company complies with state and federal nondiscrimination laws and policies that prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex. It is unlawful to retaliate against individuals or groups based on the basis of their participation in a complaint of discrimination or on the basis of their opposition to discriminatory practices/EEO
We are proud to be a drug-free workplace.