|Date Posted||November 13, 2020|
WHO YOU ARE
Are you a dynamic recruiter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and helping change people’s lives?
If so, then we want YOU to join our team!
As our high-volume Recruiter, you will be responsible for full cycle recruiting efforts, with emphasis in manufacturing and engineering positions across our company country wide. You will play a key role attracting candidates and assessing their relevant experience, skills and cultural fit to the organization. You will have an inherent service mentality. You will be responsible for all recruiting functions in a high performance, ethical culture that embraces empowerment, quality, productivity, relationship building, and a can do, get it done attitude.
WHY JOIN THE AMES COMPANIES
Our employees are our greatest assets, that is why we provide excellent comprehensive benefits.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life Insurance, Disability (STD/LTD), Employee Assistance Program, Telehealth, Wellness, Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Employee Stock Option Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Critical Illness, Identity Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, and much more.
We are environmentally conscious and responsible. Proud supporters of local and national charities, and we provide immense growth opportunity!
WHO WE ARE
The AMES Companies, headquartered in Lake Nona-Orlando, FL has a rich history of American manufacturing. The AMES story goes back to 1774, when Captain John Ames began making America’s first shovels. AMES brand is the third oldest consumer brand in the country, and its tools have literally helped build America, for more than 200 years. AMES products have built Revolutionary War ramparts, connected the nation via the Transcontinental Railroad, dug for gold, gone on expeditions to Antarctica, carved Mount Rushmore, and installed the Statue of Liberty. And just like America, we’re still working every day to build the next great wonder.
Our business lines include Home Organization, Lawn and Garden Tools, Outdoor Living, and Cleaning Tools, with leading global brands sold to homeowners and professionals involved in new construction, remodeling, and maintenance activities.
Our leading brands include ClosetMaid, AMES, True Temper, Razor-Back, Jackson, Southern Patio and Harper
We are a business unit of Griffon Corporation (NYSE: GFF)
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
Option to work remotely / or in our Lake Nona Head Quarters.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for Job Description management to include creation and implementation of a standardized format and digital storage.
- Collaborate with managers to identify the core requirements for positions and assure they are integrated into the job postings and prescreens.
- Manage high volume job openings from start to hire, with emphasis in our Manufacturing positions.
- Post jobs online through our ATS and other channels to include niche and paid job boards and other social media.
- Attract candidates through applicable forums to include social media, databases, job fairs, and other creative channels.
- Source and screen resumes and prospects, qualify, interview, and manage candidates throughout interview process in an effective and timely manner.
- Communicate employer culture, information and benefits to prospective candidates during screening process.
- Delivering top-notch customer service to candidates, and internal and external customers.
- Engage in optimal offer negotiation.
- Act as a liaison between managers and hires to assure a complete and appropriate onboarding.
- Gains respect from candidates, understands their motivations and interests, responds to candidates in a timely manner, and able to work with multiple candidates at any given point.
- Other administrative functions as needed-including
- Help in the coordination of on sight interviews.
- Conduct reference checks and employment verifications.
- Conduct background checks as well as medical and drug tests.
- Verifying documents and prepare and file new hire documents.
- Handle travel arrangements for candidates.
- Write offer letter.
- Initiate and complete all hiring and onboarding documents.
- Full cycle Recruiting experience of 4+ years.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or closely related field.
- Manufacturing and high-volume recruiting background is highly preferred.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) including Outlook.
- Experience in using Applicant Tracking System. UltiPro a plus.
- Positive and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism and customer service mentality.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with effective prioritizing and great follow through.
- Strong analytical skills, negotiation skills, problem solving, and organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Adapts easily to change and, is flexible and open to understanding that internal and external factors impact decisions.
- Attend occasional in person meetings at our Lake Nona Corporate Head Quarters.
- Minimal travel may be needed - post CV-19
The Ames Companies will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The AMES Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)