|Date Posted||November 9, 2020|
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for psychiatric treatment and medication of program consumers as part of community based services, as well as the supervision and/or collaboration with prescribing staff members. Complete annual evaluations of psychiatry and APN staff members, participate in critical case reviews, and ensure that staff members adhere to psychiatry productivity standards, in consultation with the Medical Director. Documentation, prescriptions, and collaborative therapy notes streamlined via EHR. Culture of care delivery through a team approach, including collaborative team meeting for discussion/consensus of patient care. Teams include nursing, therapy staff, team lead, case workers, physician typically across clinics.
- Maintains appropriate standards and procedures for psychiatric and medical care to clients
- Ensures that procedures for the effective delivery of psychiatric services are adhered to by assigned staff members, and collaborates with the Medical Director in regards to the recruitment of other psychiatrists and/or APN’s
- Reviews charts on a quarterly basis to ensure that documentation standards are adhered to by assigned medical staff, in consultation with the Medical Director.
- Provides direct services to clients; i.e., psychiatric evaluation, medication and psychotherapy. This may include occasional referral to other physicians in the event that some physical problem is suspected.
- Provides supervision for medical staff and serve as formal collaborating physician for up to 4 psychiatric advanced practice nurse(s).
- Complete annual performance evaluations of medical staff members, including psychiatrists, APN’s and psychiatric nurses, and facilitate adherence to psychiatry productivity standards, in consultation with the Medical Director.
- Collaborates with all staff involved with the delivery of psychiatric or medical services to program participants, including participation in critical case reviews.
- Meets regularly with program staff to be appraised of consumers’ progress.
- Provides consultative and educational services to staff members in regards to consumers or current psychiatric knowledge pertinent to program participants.
- Meets periodically with the Medical Director to discuss any pertinent issues to the agency.
- Provides documentation of professional services as required by Catholic Charities, the NJ Division of Mental Health Services, Division of Addition Services, NJ Department of Human Services, Council on Accreditation, Medicaid, and other third party payers to maintain licensing, accreditation, and/or generate reimbursement.
- Completes documentation, activity logs, and time slips in timely fashion.
- Utilize the agency electronic health record system and support psychiatry/APN staff members in utilization of the EHR.
- Assists consumers with disability, housing and transportation entitlement forms
- Provides in-service training and consultation to program staff.
- Participates in Quality Improvement process.