|Date Posted||November 20, 2020|
The Center for Rehabilitation Outcomes Research at the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab announces a two-year post-doctoral research fellowship position that is funded as part of the Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Employment for People with Physical Disabilities. The Center seeks to promote job retention by persons with physical disabilities; the specific aims are to:
- Conduct a randomized control trial comparing a telehealth pain self-management intervention
- Assess employer-, client-, job-, and environment-related barriers and facilitators of job retention
- Evaluate an implementation science approach to employment interventions in people with Parkinson’s disease (PD)
- Evaluate job accommodation strategies and assistive technology resources for rural and low resource environments
The Post-Doctoral Fellow will participate in one or more research or knowledge translation projects comprising the Center and develop independent projects in preparation for a career in health services research related to evaluating access, quality, cost-effectiveness and outcomes of employment services. This two-year, full-time fellowship provides an opportunity for an individual who has completed a doctoral degree to gain experience and expertise in preparation for a career in health services research. Didactic coursework helps fellows develop manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication and grant applications. Positions preferably begin between November 2020 and January 2021 or between July and September 2021.
The fellow will participate in the Integrated Post-Doctoral Fellowship program at Northwestern University which focuses on the following topical areas:
- Disability, Chronic Illness, and Rehabilitation
- Employment of Persons with Physical Disabilities
- Health Services Research and Health Policy
- Healthcare Equity, Economics, and Communication
Northwestern’s fellowship program builds on the synergy between several departments, schools, and organizations. We will invite top-ranked candidates to apply for simultaneous consideration by Northwestern University.
Contact Allen Heinemann at 312-238-2920 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for questions about eligibility and program fit. We encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.