|Date Posted||November 8, 2020|
We are currently searching for a talented professional to fill the position of Family Partner in the Milford, MA area to support and coach parents on navigating through the children's mental health system in our Community Based Services Component.
This position requires experience as a parent of a special needs child or child with SED. Hours: M - F 9 AM - 5 PM.
YOU, Inc. is committed to the health and safety of our staff (and new hires) during this time of COVID-19. Our comprehensive orientation and training is being offered remotely utilizing zoom video calls and self-navigated presentations, through our online Learning Management System. All home-based positions are providing services via Telehealth from the safety of their homes. Our goal is to continue to provide our staff the opportunity to work from home until we are able to safely transition back to work and home-based work.
- Assist the parent/caretaker with learning how to network and link to community resources and services that will support them in caring for their children.
- Assist the parent/caretaker in assessing the youth and families' needs with regard to education, support, coaching, modeling, guidance and understanding.
- Actively collaborate with schools, courts, state agencies and service providers with parental consent.
- Maintain regular, face-to-face contact with the family as determined by the Care Planning Team and maintain regular contact with treatment providers.
- High School Diploma or HiSET required.
- BA/BS in a human services, psychology, or related field preferred.
- Two years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth.
- Experience as a parent of a special needs child or child with SED.
- The Family Partner will be required to successfully complete skill and competency-based training in the delivery of Intensive Care Coordination consistent with the System of Care philosophy and Wraparound Planning Process.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Multi-cultural experience preferred