|Date Posted||October 8, 2020|
Telehealth Certified Medical Assistant- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
We are reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our home visit programs are designed to improve care and outcomes for our members. We want to take accountability for our members' healthcare journeys and provide high-quality personalized care that is consistent with members' values and preferences.
The Medical Assistant (MA) will assist the Nurse Practitioner team in conducting health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members in the member's home. MA's will also assist Nurse Practitioner’s in conducting follow-up visits with members that have recently been discharged from a hospital or another acute-care facility.
Due to Covid the Medical Assistant will be working partially telehealth, supporting NPs who are performing telehealth visits and delivering needed supplies to member’s homes. The MA is not staying in the members home and is provided PPE to deliver any needed items to the member’s front door. (Items are not delivered to members with any symptoms whatsoever that may be suggestive of COVID infection)
Post Covid: The MA’s role will be a combination of in-home and Telehealth but that breakdown schedule will largely depend on what happens in the coming months.
As a Medical Assistant for our home visit programs you will:
- Assist Physicians or Nurse Practitioners in conducting in-home primary care visits for our most medically complex members as part of our In-Home Care program
- Assist Nurse Practitioners in conducting yearly health assessments as part of our Care Visit program.
- Assist Nurse Practitioners in conducting post-hospitalization transitional care visits as part of our Readmission Prevention Program.
- Assist our Physicians and Nurse Practitioners in conducting Telehealth visits, including helping our members’ use Telehealth platforms. In some cases we provide delivery and pick up of tablet computers to help our members who do not have access to these devices engage in Telehealth visits with our clinical teams.
- Ensure that visits align with our program goals, including promotion of high quality of care and accurate documentation of member risk.
- Provide care that is compassionate, timely, evidence-based, and improves outcomes.
- Interact directly with the patient during in-home and Telehealth visits, including but not limited to:
- Collecting and documenting demographic information, care preference information, medication-related information, environmental information, vital signs, and other information as directed by the Physician or NP.
- Independently perform point of care tests in the home including obtaining urine samples, fingerstick, etc. based on gaps in care
- Communicate in-home test findings to physicians and NPs for interpretation and escalate abnormalities in real-time to allow for timely intervention
- Review required consent forms with the patient and obtain necessary signaturesTranslate for the patient, caregiver, family members, and/or physician/NP
- Communicate with the member’s support team answering frequently asked questions in English or Spanish as needed.
- Maintain medical supplies for home visits.
- Conduct follow-up phone calls to members regarding point-of-care testing reminders, making and attending referral appointments, etc.
- Remain with the Physician or Nurse Practitioner at all times during each visit.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and self-improvement.
- Attend and participate in regular, ongoing interdisciplinary meetings and trainings both in person and remotely.
- Physical Demands – ability to perform tasks involving standing, walking, lifting, climbing at least 3 flights of stairs, moderate physical effort, maneuvering patients, occasionally must reach above head and carry up to 50 lbs of equipment
- Work Environment/Hazards – exposure to communicable diseases, blood and blood products, illness, sharp instruments and needles, and electricity when in clinical areas. Ability to work in the member's home and office setting as needed. Ability to travel various distances to member’s homes.
You will love this job if:
- You find it delightful and personable to visit and travel to members' homes and other locations.
- You communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- You have terrific customer experience skills.
- You are tech savvy. Comfortable with documenting in electronic medical record and utilizing electronic data and reports.
- You value the ability to work independently, but also collaboratively with a Nurse Practitioner and interdisciplinary team.
- You are comfortable with a fast-paced environment. Ability to adapt to change and deal effectively with stress.
- You are detail oriented.
- Current Certified Medical Assistant in NJ
- Bilingual Fluency in English in Spanish
- Access to Reliable Transportation and a Valid Drivers License
- Current BLS Certification
- Home Care Experience Preferred