|Location||Little Rock, AR|
|Date Posted||November 11, 2020|
Weekends - Evening Shift
Friday-Saturday 11:30am to 2am
Sunday 11:30am to Midnight
The Call Center Telemedic - Certified Technologist III (Paramedic) supports ongoing delivery of teleconferenced stroke care as identified by the Institute for Digital Health and Innovation (IDHI) Stroke Program. S/He performs tasks and duties as directed by IDHI Call Center management and medical personnel directing the IDHI Stroke program. S/He assists in identifying and tracking all calls to the Call Center and data on referrals and case managed patients. This position is in a call center environment.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience.
Department and Project Management
- Demonstrates aptitude for technology associated with telemedicine/telehealth
- Applies the technical knowledge, skills, and experience to do the job
- Completes responsibilities in a timely manner through effective organization, setting priorities, delegation, and time management skills
- Works well independently with minimal supervision, and accepts direction/supervision as needed.
- Maintains competency with managing the Trauma Image Repository (TIR).
- Follows and abides by the TIR policy and procedures.
Maintenance and Improvement of Quality Services
- Assists in assuring optimal operational activity. Assist in identifying and tracking all calls to the Call Center and data on referrals and case managed patients.
- Provides support to research activities related to the Call Center Telemedicine programs
- Promotes positive interaction and facilitates communication between the call center, UAMS, Clinical staff of the Institute of Digital Health and Innovation, Video support, physicians statewide, and their staff who utilize the services of the Call Center.
- Provides requested reports to appropriate personnel, analyzes and identifies critical factors of patient care to facilitate enhancement of the quality and efficiency of the telemedicine services provided by the Call Center
- Maintains all professional certifications
- Maintains proficiency in telemedicine equipment utilized for telemedicine consults.
- Maintains required IDHI stroke call center competencies.
Human Resources Management
- Participates in the orientation of new employees as requested and documents orientation of each new employee coordinating with personnel and adhering to department and UAMS policy
- Demonstrates effective time management and delegation skills
- Implements good judgment by communicating with coworkers in a fair, consistent, objective, and professional manner
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (written and verbal) including: Articulation, phone etiquette, concise/clear documentation skills, intermediate typing skills (proven at 30wpm or greater), computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Fiscal Management and Resource Utilization
- Assists in the demonstration of cost-conscious awareness and effectively utilizes staff, space, and supplies within budgetary restraints.
- Serves as a role model and mentor by consistently demonstrating professionalism
- Facilitates changes to improve the Call Center through effective communication, collaboration, and interdisciplinary problem solving
- Participates as a team member supporting staff in the performance of their duties
- Demonstrates commitment to Professional Nursing/Professional/Development/Professional Growth
May perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- One (1) year of EMT or paramedic experience with at least six (6) months of active ambulance service within that time
- Must be a graduate of an accredited EMT or Paramedic program
- EMT or Paramedic license
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 11 - 25 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Occasionally
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Frequently
Physical Environment: Inside Classroom Setting, Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity